AQUACULTURE TILAPIA MARKET
Tilapia is easy to grow because it is consumed in many countries of the world. Tilapia consumption is high due to features such as of high vitamin D source, good blood circulation and brain function, high amino acid content.
Tilapia sector is very active and profitable due to all these advantages. Its production and consumption are one of the most common fish after carp. Here are reasons for the rising of the tilapia market value;
- Although it is a freshwater fish, it has a salt tolerance of close to 50%.
- It can be transported easily.
- Eggs 3 times a year and the number of eggs varies between 1500-2000. A minimum of 80% of these eggs are fertilized and 70% grows in a healthy way.
- Men grow faster and sperm fertilization takes place in a very healthy way.
- Fish can reach 400 gr in 4 months. So 3 times a year the product can be given to the market.
- Its demand is high because it is delicious and rich in nutritional value.